Thursday, January 14, 2010

Asking the Audience...(or, What Should I Do to My Hair!?)

I'm nearing the end of my 2nd grueling week of interviews (I drove to the Philly/Camden area twice this week, and have another interview tomorrow in Manhattan) and am feeling very, very brain-dead. So, when I got home today, after doing one thing on my to-do list (small victories!), I continued my most recent "I'm not doing anything else today!", zen-state activity: scouring Google images for hair pictures. And now, I am very confused, and need some other opinions.

My color appointment is scheduled for next Thursday, at which time I will have no more interviews and will finally stop letting my career choice restrict me from expressing myself a little more than I tend to/ever feel it's okay for me to. Yay! Down with the man! Or...whatever.

The point is, I'm getting either red or pink highlights, and am trying to figure out which I'd like to go for. So, what do you think?

I could go for your basic, bold red, with highlights everywhere, like this (note: I'm not cutting it that short, this is just for the color):



I also like the style of these highlights, wide and kind of chunky, though I'd get them in red, not blonde:



Or, I could do something like this. More subtle. (btw, I am aware of the absurdity of this picture!):

So, those are my options for red. And until today, I had decided that I just couldn't pull of pink. I'm too old, it's too...emo. But then, I found this picture, of someone who was apparently on American Idol at some point:

OMG! Adorable, right!? So now I'm thinking that maybe I want some pink, like that. And with my natural color as the base, obvs. I'm loving it! Just some hints, fun, but not crazy looking, AND, it can still look totally classy. Observe:



So cute! So this is what I'm leaning toward, which I think is a good combo of the craziness that's clearly trying to get out of me and the responsible side of me that knows I can't see my clients looking like I just left my punk band waiting for me to come back to rehearsal.

So, what do you think? I can haz emo hair? Please cast your vote for how my transformation should commence in the comments!

Merci!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. I think you should go with the red! The first picture is hot and that would look so good on you!
    xo
    Blair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Blair. The red in the first one looks really good. As it grows out, you'll end up with tips like the Idol's pink ones.

    ReplyDelete