Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wii Fit...

Hi people!
My next post was going to be about The Sims 3, but I just tried out the Wii Fit, and I must rave!

Okay, so I've been very curious about the Wii Fit
ever since it came out, but for the price, I knew there was no way we'd be getting one until we'd heard RAVE reviews, but it turns out we don't really know anyone with one who could tell us how awesome it is, so it remained on my Amazon.com wishlist (another ever growing page) and I moved on.

But then! At a random barbecue a few weeks ago, one of hubby's friends mentioned that they have Wii Fit AND EA Active (a new-ish fitness "game" designed to go with the balance board) which I've been very interested in since I saw the first commercials (disclaimer: I am extremely susceptible to commercials...it's a bit sad, really) but of course, there was no point in looking into buying EA Active w/o having the balance board, so...add it to the wishlist, move on with life.

Anyway, long story short, this friend of hubby's said that they never actually use their Wii Fit etc., so would we like to try it?? Um, yes please! The hand off happened today, and when I got home, all haggared and exhausted from the clinic, there it was, a brilliant white hunk of plastic in the middle of my living room floor...

Now, the one thing I had heard about Wii Fit was that it is merciless and shaming. It does this Body Fit Test when you first use it that weighs you (oh, joy) and calculates your BMI and tells you if you are "Underweight, Normal, Overweight, or Obese." Normally, this wouldn't scare me, as I'm clearly not obese, but! I'd heard horror stories about it calling people obese who aren't! And I have been a bit slack lately, indulging in all things cake-related, so I was nervous. It also calculates your "Wii Fit Age," telling you how old your body really is, you pathetic loser. So, as I stepped on that hunk of plastic, I was nervous, I won't lie.

But then...then. Guess what it said? It said that my Wii Fit Age was 23. 23!! Ha! I'm 27 (almost 28) suckahs! I literally whooped and hollered and it was the best part of my day. *whew* And then I had a glass of wine. 'night!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment