Saturday, August 1, 2009

Jill and Kevin's (JK) Wedding Dance...

Update: I just found the page that the couple created to use the popularity of their video to promote the Sheila Wellstone Institute, which fights domestic abuse. I guess they wanted to acknowledge the implications of using a Chris Brown song, and are trying to do some good. Good for them! (Also, the original video should now be embedded in this post, if I did it right!)

Here's my original post from a few days ago:

By now you've probably heard about, and hopefully seen, the video of a couple from St. Paul and their wedding party dancing down the aisle to start their wedding. If you haven't, stop reading and click the link above, then come back :)

I don't have too much to say about this video, mostly I just want to share it with as many people as possible, but I will say that I think it is wonderful, hilarious, and heartwarming, and it actually made me cry! I was also smiling and laughing, but crying, too. I was surprised to be moved so much by it, but I think it was just so full of joy, and you could see how much the couple's friends loved them, to make such fools of themselves in front of so many people (and now, about 12 million+ more, thanks to the interwebs) and, I dunno, it was just beautiful.

However, there has of course been much debate about whether or not it was "appropriate" for them to dance down the aisle to "Forever," by Chris Brown. As we all know, he was arrested for assaulting Rihanna, clearly not admirable behavior. But to say that a couple can't use one of his songs to celebrate and be joyful and do kick-ass choreography to b/c of his personal failings is just absurd to me! And yes, there are people out there saying that...so dumb.

Here's the original video, enjoy! Post in the comments if it makes you cry too!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment